If you are feeling down and depressed, you should see a counselor and, in particular, one that specializes in treating seniors.  Called a Geropsychologist, this specialty first arose in 2010, according to the American Psychological Association.  There are few of them around, unfortunately, with only 3% of licensed psychologists cite this as their primary or secondary specialty.  The nearest one is in Santa Cruz, Lily Rich, although she does do both in-home visits and video calls.


Recommended Posts